Attached are the July 1, 2022 syllabus template, instructions and credit hour policy currently in place for faculty at Concordia University.
Supporting Information for Syllabi Creation/Revision
- New – Examples for Syllabus Instructor-student interaction and student preparation time (Credit Hour) Section
- How to Write a Course Description (January 2020)
- Revised – 2022 Credit Hour Policy
- How to connect to Global Learning Outcomes in the CU Syllabus
- Sample Syllabus Language for Behavioral Expectations
Information about the updated procedures using MACH forms as of October 2021 https://celt.cuw.edu/practices-processes-syllabus-submission-to-provost-and-banner-course-information-form/
Submit your Syllabus to Provost MACH Form https://cuw-machforms.cuw.edu/view.php?id=210695
Registrar’s Banner Course Information (BCI) MACH Form https://cuw-machforms.cuw.edu/view.php?id=210191
Revised Syllabus Continuity
A change to any of the following components of a course require that the department or program submit the syllabus for review as a “revised” syllabus:
- Course Title
- Course Number
- Credit Hours
- Course description (aka catalog description)
When a revised syllabus is submitted for a course that has changed title or number, please indicate the previous title and/or number for reference in your submission in the additional comments.
This is to ensure that the university catalog, schedule, academic advising, and admission teams possess current, accurate information about all courses offered by the university.
If you have questions about the Syllabus Template or Submissions to the Provost Office MACH Form, please contact Elizabeth Evans.
If you have questions about the Banner Course Information spreadsheet or MACH Form, contact Allison Wolf.