Here are short videos that show the technology set up for the three main room types at CUW.
Here are the recording and resources for this session that was held 1/15/2021:
Here is a link to three short videos that show the Polysynchronous technology set up for the three main room types at CUW: https://celt.cuw.edu/cuw-polysynchronous-room-types/
Recording and resources for this event held on September 23, 2020.
PowerPoint (coming soon)
Sara Clemm von Hohenberg sent a link for an article entitled “Is Learning on Zoom the Same as in Person? Not to your Brain,” which also addresses Zoom fatigue . There is also a link for the podcast: https://www.edsurge.com/news/2020-09-15-is-learning-on-zoom-the-same-as-in-person-not-to-your-brain
Zooming Along: Best Practices for Teaching via Zoom with Kate Robertson and Susan Gallanis
Dates (All sessions address the same content):
- Tuesday April 7, 3:00 – 4:00 pm Central Time
- Wednesday April 8, 3:00 – 4:00 pm Central Time
- Thursday April 9, 10:00 – 11:00 am Central Time
This program focuses on three key areas: the importance of frontloading and intentionality in the Zoom teaching world; engagement and attendance strategies; and the importance of “hitting pause” throughout the class session to give students time to consider what they are learning. We will demonstrate how some of the Zoom tools can be used to address learning goals and incorporate your questions as well.
PowerPoint: Zooming along final
Sample Order for the Day: Order of the day on Zoom
These four videos show faculty what they need to know to get a course set up in Blackboard:
- Add Content to Blackboard: A file, a folder, an item (9 minutes)
- Add and Grade an Assignment/Drop Box (12 minutes)
- Set up Grade Center (25 minutes)
- Open Course to Students (2 minutes)
Below are the handouts used for the August 5, 2019 (2:00 – 3:00 pm) session Zoom for Instructional Hours: “Occasional Use” Hands On Demonstration.
- 8-5-2019 Occasional Use of Zoom for Instructional Hours as of 2019
- Faculty Handbook Policies July 1 2019 VD for Instructional Hours pp116-119
- Teaching and Videoconference Notes 08052019
Although not covered in this session, Blackboard Collaborate may also be used (instead of Zoom) for these purposes. Link to Blackboard Collaborate resources