Information for Students
Respondus LockDown Browser used for online exams.
You must download and install LockDown Browser to your computer.
- Here is a short video that shows the download and install process: https://youtu.be/ghdw1ykmf8k
- Use this link to access the download: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=313154625
If you experience difficulties trying to download and install LockDown Browser, contact the IT Helpdesk at 262-243-4357 or email email@example.com.
IT Helpdesk Hours: https://www.cuw.edu/academics/services/technology-services/index.html
To take an exam using LockDown Browser:
- Close all computer programs.
- Click on the LockDown Browser icon on the computer. (You won’t be able to access the exam with a standard web browser.)
- If taking an exam in a Concordia computer lab or testing center, you will be prompted to close the Teamviewer application installed on the computer. Click ‘Yes’. You may need to click ‘Yes’ multiple times.
- Login to your Blackboard course.
- Navigate to the test.
Here is a short video that shows a student view of accessing LockDown Browser to take an exam: https://youtu.be/kXrw3OU47FQ
When taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Before starting the test, know how much time is available for it, and that you’ve allotted sufficient time to complete it
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc. and don’t have them within reach
- Clear your area of all external materials not permitted — books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your desk for the duration of the test
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted.
Watch this short video to learn more about LockDown Browser (watch up to minute 1:15): http://www.respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/student-movie.shtml.
For more information about using LockDown Browser, review this Student Quick Start Guide: http://www.respondus.com/downloads/RLDB-Quick-Start-Guide-Bb-Student.pdf
Follow this link for LockDown Browser system requirements: https://www.respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/requirements.shtml
It is recommended you use a laptop or desktop computer. If you are using an iPad, you must download the LockDown Browser app from the App Store. Google Chromebooks are not compatible with LockDown Browser.