- Blackboard courses have a 1GB size limit.
- When the course size reaches 500MB, faculty will see this alert in Blackboard that the “soft limit” has been reached
- If the course size maximum of 1GB is reached, faculty will no longer be able to upload course content and will see this message when attempting to upload a file.
How to reduce Blackboard course size
- Avoid reaching the course maximum from the start. Do not upload the following file types:
- If approaching or the course has reached the maximum, reduce course size by doing this:
- Delete large files from the Content page AND
- Delete the file from the Content Collection. See image below for an example. After clicking on Content Collection, click on the option that includes the course 5-digit CRN.