Respondus LockDown Browser Instructor Orientation and Training
LockDown Browser by Respondus is a testing integrity software product students use to access and take Blackboard tests. Concordia has acquired a license for this product as of December 1, 2018. LockDown Browser can be downloaded on student’s own computers and will also be available on all campus labs computers, the testing center used by students with accessibility accommodations, and laptop carts. When LockDown Browser is enabled in a Blackboard test, students must access it through the browser and cannot access it through any other browsers.
LockDown Browser provides adequate security for tests taken in the classroom when the instructor is present. When taking Blackboard tests using LockDown Browser students cannot print, make screen captures, access other web pages, or access other applications while taking the exam. Watch this 3-minute video for an overview of LockDown Browser: https://youtu.be/e-QRHkoF8Xg
Follow the steps below to learn how to use Respondus LockDown Browser and enable it in your course.
- Download this training document: Respondus LDB Info for Instructors 01082019
- Watch this training video. Refer to the above document as you watch the video: https://youtu.be/GoekkOiwvGw
- Set up a 1-point practice quiz and ask students to take the quiz before coming to take the test on test day.
- Inform your students at least 7 days prior to the test that Respondus LockDown Browser will be used. Students should take the practice quiz before coming to class to take your test. Wording for students and instructions for students are on the document under #1 above.
- Set up your Blackboard test(s) and enable Respondus LockDown Browser (see #1 and #2 above for instructions).
If you have questions about using Respondus LockDown Browser in your face-to-face course contact the CELT at 262-243-2358 or email email@example.com.