Below are updates to information found on the Instructional Continuity portlet found on the CUWAA portals (mycuw.edu, mycuaa.edu). Updates are in date order, most recent on top.
March 30, 2020
Update to Zoom Default Setting for Screen Sharing
Zoom has recently adjusted the default setting for screen sharing, so that only hosts can screen share. If you want participants to share their screen (such as for a student presentation), when you are in a Zoom Meeting, follow these steps:
- Click on the up arrow at the right of the “Share Screen” icon in the Zoom controls.
(If you do not see the arrow, share your own screen, then click stop share.)
- Click on “Advanced Sharing Options”
- On “Who Can Share” click on “all participants.” Keep the third setting at “only host.”
- Click the x in the upper right of the dialog box to close it.
If desired: You can also change this setting in your CUWAA.ZOOM.US profile by following these steps:
- Log into your profile at CUWAA.ZOOM.US
- In the navigation panel, click Settings.
- Under In Meeting (Basic), scroll down to Screen Sharing heading
- Switch on the option for All Participants.