Traditional Adjuncts: Preparing for Fall 20 Recording and PPT:
On November 4, 2019, Dan Paavola (Theology Faculty) discussed with Center Faculty, the three themes from his recent book “Grace, Faith, Scripture: Portrait of a Lutheran” (2019).
About his book: Grace, faith, and Scripture. These three solas, or “alones”, have long been used to characterize the unique theology of the Lutheran faith. The solas set up a relationship between God and us and between us and our neighbor.
Using stories and situations drawn from common relationships such as friendships and marriage, Daniel Paavola uses the three solas to deepen our understanding of Lutheran doctrine. The solas don’t encompass every single aspect of Lutheranism, but through them, we can get a picture of what it means to be a Lutheran.
The CELT Team visited the Centers in April and May, 2019.
Below are the meeting handouts.
Below are short videos that cover the topics addressed during these meetings.
- The Global Learning Outcomes (GLOs) at Concordia University: https://cuwaa.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=205d073c-3bfb-45c8-a0b6-aaa3017a9e53
- Planning Your Teaching Session: https://cuwaa.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=9fcfd6c7-6d07-436c-80bc-aa7f0142ecb8
- Effective Lecture Strategies and the Brain: https://cuwaa.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=929ce101-8748-4560-b682-aa7f014dc21b
- Effective Class Discussion: https://cuwaa.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=19075a52-e8c3-4ef5-9d88-aa7f012e96ca
- Hitting Pause: https://cuwaa.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=db033365-f2f4-4ccd-a1d3-aa7f012936f3
CELT facilitated this webinar that addressed the revised 6-week course schedule that takes effect January 1, 2019.
Center Faculty Webinar PPT
Overview of changes to Center 6-week courses beginning 1/1/2019
Sample six week course calendar
Updated Language in AL Center Course Modules as of January 1
Open Blackboard course and set the date it opens for students
Provide audio or video feedback to student assignments
Student success reports in Blackboard
Link to view the webinar: https://us-lti.bbcollab.com/recording/87bec634e386417e9a32ce946bd52e35
Read about the change, why it is necessary, and how it impacts faculty who teach at the Centers.
Attached below are the handouts and presentation slides from the Center Adjunct Faculty Development Day event.
Get to Know Primo: DOC