This page is for faculty who teach face-to-face and blended courses and are responsible for designing their course in Blackboard Learn (not a course through OCDE, not an Accelerated Learning course).
If you teach AL courses, click here to find related Blackboard Learn resources.
Blackboard Learn: Video Tutorials to Help Faculty Get Started
Four Foundational Videos:
- Here is a link to 4 videos that demonstrate how to use the most common Blackboard tools faculty use to develop courses: 4 Videos
Blackboard Basics Video:
- This is a recorded session from August 2020: link to video (see video description for time stamps of specific topics)
- Downloadable document tutorial that is referred to throughout the above video.
Blackboard Assessments and Respondus Videos:
- Blackboard Assessments video is here. This is condensed from the full session (link below) from July 2020.
- Downloadable document tutorial that is referred to throughout the video.
- Respondus LockDown Browser video is here. This is condensed from the full session (link below) from July 2020.
- Handout that is referred to throughout the video.
- For a full recording of the Blackboard Assessments and Respondus session with all related resources, please click here.
Asynchronous Tools Video (Discussion Boards, Groups, Group Discussion Boards, Group Assignments, Journals):
- Asynchronous Tools video is here. This is condensed from the full session (link below) from July 2020.
- Full recording of the Asynchronous Tools session with related resources is here.
How to Avoid Running Out of Space in Your Course
- The most common reasons that the course size maximum is reached is due to uploading video files or voiceover PPT files.
- Link to session recording and resources to reduce course size.
Blackboard Learn Tutorials from A to Z
Help for Students
There is also a Blackboard Learn channel on the portal, under the Student tab, with resources for students.
Here is a link to 24-videos playlist, made by Blackboard to assist students: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLontYaReEU1seUE3ACG3sEc3zR7Br7URU
Short video tutorials for various actions are below:
- How to take a test
- How to submit an assignment
- How to use the discussion board
- How to check your grades
Handouts to share with students
- Blackboard Basics for Students
- How to Use Discussion Forums
- Find Instructor Feedback and SafeAssign Reports
- View Online Quiz Results and Answers