This page is for faculty who teach face-to-face and blended courses and are responsible for designing their course in Blackboard Learn (not a course through OCDE, not an Accelerated Learning course).
If you teach AL courses, click here to find related Blackboard Learn resources.
Blackboard Learn: Video Tutorials to Help Faculty Get Started
Four Foundational Videos:
- Here is a link to 4 videos that demonstrate how to use the most common Blackboard tools faculty use to develop courses: 4 Videos
Blackboard Basics Video:
- This is a recorded session from August 2020: link to video (see video description for time stamps of specific topics)
- Downloadable document tutorial that is referred to throughout the above video.
Blackboard Assessments and Respondus Videos:
- Blackboard Assessments video is here. This is condensed from the full session (link below) from July 2020.
- Respondus LockDown Browser video is here. This is condensed from the full session (link below) from July 2020.
- For a full recording of the Blackboard Assessments and Respondus session with related resources, please click here.
Asynchronous Tools Video (Discussion Boards, Groups, Group Discussion Boards, Group Assignments, Journals):
- Asynchronous Tools video is here. This is condensed from the full session (link below) from July 2020.
- Full recording of the Asynchronous Tools session with related resources is here.
More Blackboard Learn Step-by-Step Instructions
Get started with these topics: Log in and find your courses, add a folder, upload a document, create an Assignment ("drop box"), set up the grade center, open course for students, copy a course.
Click to get started with Blackboard Basics
Add more content such as web links, items, YouTube videos, Jot Assignments, and discussion forums. Learn how to directly submit papers to SafeAssign, edit notifications, and send email, course messages, and announcements. Add the Panopto tool, color code the grade center, change course theme colors and add a banner.
Click link to access related documents and videos
|Online Tests and Rubrics
Learn how to create online tests using a variety of test questions. Learn how to create electronic rubrics you can attach to drop boxes and other assignments.
Click to access related documents and videos
|Blackboard Learn Tutorials A to Z
Click for a complete, searchable list of all Blackboard tutorials
Help for Students
There is also a Blackboard Learn channel on the portal, under the Student tab, with resources for students.
Here is a link to 24-videos playlist, made by Blackboard to assist students: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLontYaReEU1seUE3ACG3sEc3zR7Br7URU
Short video tutorials for various actions are below:
- How to take a test
- How to submit an assignment
- How to use the discussion board
- How to check your grades
Handouts to share with students
- Blackboard Basics for Students
- How to Use Discussion Forums
- Find Instructor Feedback and SafeAssign Reports
- View Online Quiz Results and Answers