|October 2019||NL October 2019 CUW||NL October 2019 CUAA|
|September 2019||NL September 2019 CUW||NL September 2019 CUAA|
Embody our Christian mission and display hospitality and generosity
- Our commitment to students means that our Christ-like care and concern for students is inherent and apparent
- We are at our best when we carefully guide students to fulfill their professional and personal callings
Presenter: Mike Brown
Demonstrate student-centered communication
- We communicate with students clearly, accurately and promptly
- Our communication with students is thoughtful; we listen actively and speak with kindness
Presenters: Scott van Ornum, Lori Woodall
Serve students and meet their needs, wherever and whoever they are
- We treat our students fairly, equitably and generously as our neighbors
- We meet our students where they are, recognizing that all are God’s children who are here by His purpose
Presenters: Eugene Pitchford, Colleen Fenno
Provide accurate, timely information
- We follow our own policies about attendance, grading, and syllabi, recognizing that accuracy and timeliness in these matters helps students to succeed
- Our syllabi and Blackboard course sites are welcoming learning environments and complement the classroom experience
Presenters: Katrina Serwe, Susan Gallanis, Amanda Reitz
On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 this year’s Faculty Laureate Carrie Jo Scheel (OT) presented “Teaching Effective Professional Communication”.
The program included sharing her expectations and evaluation of OT students’ oral and written communication while making presentations.This session is part of this year’s focus on Global Learning Outcome #5 Communicative Fluency.
Related handouts are below.
On Monday, October 29, 2018, Eugene Pitchford III and Steve Gerner presented the program Diversity, Success & You. Below is the program description and related handouts.
This program is designed to give you the knowledge, tools, and dispositions to effectively facilitate diverse learning environments. An emphasis in this session is on understanding how students’ experiences are impacted by race and socioeconomics. This highly engaging professional development will challenge you to apply this novel learning in your current professional role.
Powerpoint: Diversity, Success & You
Attached below are the handouts and presentation slides from the Center Adjunct Faculty Development Day event.
Get to Know Primo: DOC
On Monday February 12, 2018 Susan Mobley and Brian Harries presented this program. Below is more about the program and related handouts.
Teaching with a partner from another discipline carries both rewards and challenges. Hear Drs. Mobley and Harries share on their collaborations across their disciplines in undergraduate teaching. Session will include tips and emerging best practices. Free lunch from the cafeteria included for those who register in advance.
Here are all the CELT Newsletters for CUW and CUAA from June 2016 until May 2017:
|June 2016||CUW Newsletter|
|July/August 2016||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|September 2016||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|October 2016||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|November 2016||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|December 2016||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|January 2017||CUW Newsletter|
|February 2017||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|March 2017||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|April 2017||CUW Newsletter|
|May 2017||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
Here are all the CELT Newsletters for CUW and CUAA from April 2015 until May 2016:
|May 2015||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|August 2015||CUW Newsletter|
|September 2015||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|October 2015||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|November 2015||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|December 2015||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|February and/or March 2016||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|
|April 2016||CUW Newsletter|
|May 2016||CUW Newsletter||CUAA Newsletter|