Respondus Monitor: Information for Students
Respondus LockDown Browser with Monitor (“Respondus Monitor”) used for online exams.
**Google Chromebooks are not compatible with LockDown Browser. Discuss options with your instructor.**
Concordia University Computer Requirements: CUW/CUAA
You must download and install LockDown Browser to your computer in order to use Respondus Monitor.
You must have a working webcam and microphone to take an exam using Respondus Monitor.
If you experience difficulties trying to download and install Respondus LockDown Browser with Monitor, contact the IT Helpdesk at 262-243-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT Helpdesk Hours: https://www.cuw.edu/academics/services/technology-services/index.html
The Respondus Help Center is in addition to the technology assistance provided by the Concordia IT Help Desk. Once Respondus LockDown Browser is installed on your computer, students have access to the Respondus Help Center that includes an option for live chat with Respondus Technology Support (available 24/7). See this document for details. Respondus Help Center for Students
To take an exam using Respondus Monitor:
- Close all computer programs.
- Click on the LockDown Browser icon on the computer. (You won’t be able to access the exam with a standard web browser.)
- Login to your Blackboard course.
- Navigate to the test and select it.
At this point the Startup Sequence for the webcam begins.
- The Webcam Check will confirm that your webcam and microphone are working properly. The first time the Webcam Check is performed on a computer, Adobe Flash Player will require you to select Allow and Remember.
- The remaining steps of the Startup Sequence will depend on specific test settings. Follow the instructions and note your progress along the top of the screen. If you encounter a problem, select the “It’s not working link” for troubleshooting tips.
- The test will begin after the Startup Sequence is complete.
- You cannot exit LockDown Browser until the test is submitted for grading.
Here is a short video that shows a student view of accessing LockDown Browser with Monitor to take an exam: https://youtu.be/kXrw3OU47FQ
When taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Before starting the test, know how much time is available for it, and that you’ve allotted sufficient time to complete it
- Ensure you’re in a location where you won’t be interrupted
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc. and don’t have them within reach
- Clear your area of all external materials not permitted — books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your computer for the duration of the test
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
- If the computer or networking environment is different than what was used previously with the Webcam Check and System & Network Check in LockDown Browser, run the checks again prior to starting the test
- To produce a good webcam video, do the following:
- Avoid wearing baseball caps or hats with brims
- Ensure your computer or tablet is on a firm surface (a desk or table). Do NOT have the computer on your lap, a bed, or other surface where the device (or you) are likely to move
- If using a built-in webcam, avoid tilting the screen after the webcam setup is complete
- Take the exam in a well-lit room and avoid backlighting, such as sitting with your back to a window
- Although not the intent of the monitoring, any act that is inadvertently caught through Monitor that is against the Conduct Code of Concordia University or is considered a criminal act, will be referred to the Dean of Students Office.
Watch this short video to learn more about Respondus LockDown Browser with Monitor: http://www.respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/student-movie.shtml.
For more information about using Respondus Monitor, review this Student Quick Start Guide: http://www.respondus.com/downloads/RLDB-Quick-Start-Guide-Bb-Student.pdf
Follow this link for Respondus Monitor system requirements: https://www.respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/requirements.shtml
It is recommended you use a laptop or desktop computer. Using an iPad with Respondus is not recommended. Google Chromebooks are not compatible with LockDown Browser.